I like to have fresh fruit on had as a snack. But sometime they can pile up and I need to use them up fast....so I turn to my favorite easy apple crisp recipe. Grab some vanilla ice cream and this makes for a special dessert treat!
- 2 1/2 cups apples - cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange apple slices evenly in prepared baking dish. Sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until topping is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.